QUEEN VICTORIA had this as her favorite tea-time sponge cakes and since been a tried and true recipe. Victoria Sponges are generally un-decorated on top and filled with Jam. You can also serve each piece with a dollop of whipped cream or sprinkles some powdered sugar on top.
What you need:
- SPONGE MIX - 700g (Buy Now)
- Chilled water - 355g
- Oil / melted butter - 75g
- Raspberry jam - 6 tbsp
- Whip Cream - 200 ml
- Put content of SPONGE MIX in a bowl, add water and beat until smooth.
- Add oil , mix gently and put batter in cake pan.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 °C for 30-35 mins
- Cut cake into horizontal two half
- Spread raspberry jam on one cake and top with whipped cream
- Sandwich the cakes